Sr. Blockchain (Rust/Substrate) Engineer
“We’re building 5ireChain to eliminate intermediaries and bring all the impact makers onto a level playing field where they can use the shared language of the UN SDGs. We want businesses to act as a force for good and help move the world from a for-profit paradigm to a for-benefit paradigm, facilitating the transition from the fourth industrial revolution to the fifth industrial revolution.”
We’re building a new blockchain platform using novel protocols published in scientific papers. We work on problems in the fields of sustainability, cryptography, concurrent algorithms, and distributed systems. In order to solve those challenges, we need your help. looking to hire a Senior Rust Engineer to work on our sophisticated blockchain projects.
· Be a key contributor to a new security-focused blockchain and related tools
· Contribute to the solution’s end-to-end architecture
· Act as a technical expert in the research, specification & implementation of blockchain technologies
· At least 3-5 years of experience in software development
· Experience designing and implementing complex distributed systems. Blockchains would be great, but also distributed storage or analytics platforms, distributed file systems, operating systems or other complex, parallel, low level systems
· High level of proficiency with Rust programming language, paradigms, constructs, and idioms. Other low-level languages like C++ may be considered but not preferred
· Strong ability to meet project milestones and ability to work with teams in different time zones
· Translating software requirements into stable, working, high-performing software
· Writing scalable, robust, testable, efficient, and easily maintainable code
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Comfort with Linux
· Experience with the Rust programming language
· Experience with any blockchain at the protocol level
· Understanding of various consensus protocols (PoW, PoS, Tendermint, Raft, PBFT, ALGORAND, etc.)
· Ability to author or co-author blog posts, whitepapers, or other materials about your work
· Familiarity with the Parity Substrate framework.
· Experience in Identity Management, zkSnarks, cryptography, finance
· Experience creating DSLs (domain-specific languages) and related tooling
· BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or relevant discipline. A Master’s degree is even nicer
WHY WORK FOR 5IRE?:
Annual performance-based bonus
Group shared benefits plan
Start-up culture: lean, agile, data-driven, user-centric.
Regular team socials and corporate events (conferences, hackathons, workshops etc.)
Build bleeding-edge tech using modern tools and industry best practices
Work with intelligent teams comprised of curious and inquisitive problem-solvers
Tremendous learning opportunities (blockchain, capital markets, decentralized finance, Rust, cryptography, and more!)
Pioneer a first-of-its-kind solution
5ire is an equal opportunity employer. Every effort to accommodate candidates for accessibility with disabilities participating in the selection process will be made available on request. Information received related to the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
5ireChain would like to thank all applicants for their interest however only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.